Shad - Rose Garden

|


Canadian hip-hop artist Shad is another intelligent, social-conscious rapper that is breaking stereotypes and changing the game. I found him not long ago and I really dig his style..how many rappers do you know with a Master's degree?






Shad - Rose Garden from HotDogGarbage on Vimeo.


Lyrics:


(I didn't promise you a rose garden, Along with the sunshine, There's gonna be some rain, Sometimes)

When Abraham went to slash Isaac
In a sense he baptized him
Rabbi said, don't trust them cash prizes
Same things that float your boat can capsize it
Tell the snakes they can take a hike like gas prices
No such thing as halfway crooks, the half righteous
Those who have eyes should act like it
To help the sightless seeking the light switch
To see in the night with we leadin the lifeless, uh
Sometimes I just wanna play some shows make some dough
Take it home lay in my bed and stay in my safety zone
But Cee-Lo said it best, I know too much and I owe too much to let it rest
Heard a voice say Hey, you never question when you get the blessing
so don't get vexed when your life is stressed
And I promised I'll be with you no matter what the issue
But there will be some issues to address
Listen to the lady in the dress…

I didn't promise you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine
There's gonna be some rain sometimes

I'm not in the zone there's too much in the way
I weigh two bucks and if I had two slugs to spray
Like Rah Rah Glenn Beck better duck like foie gras
Make shots poke his face like GaGa
But mama says forgive, so I'll give him that bar like a Mars and let him live
The Mississauga continues, rantin while my DJ's lampin like Green Lantern, samplin
Mansions, nah I ain't rich as Richard Branson
I'm King Kong meets Vince Vaughn and I play like a champion
My Monday ball league, nah B all week
7 days of black power naps every 48 half hours, that's 24 star Jack Bauer
Can't cower when the rain falls, and it falls whether you Gandhi or you Adolf
Fall weather but there's always a way y'all
Make the call no rain delay play ball

I didn't promise you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine
There's gonna be some rain sometimes
(Listen to the lady in the dress say it best)

0 comments:

Post a Comment