Jay-Z Vows to Stop Using the Word "Bitch" in His Music

|

Shortly after the birth of his new daughter, Blue Ivy, Jay-Z penned a poem dedicated to his new addition. In the poem, he promises Blue to stop saying "bitch" in his music, out of respect for her. He also wrote a song for her, called "Glory", which includes sound clips of her crying and cooing. This track entered at #74 on the Billboard charts, making Blue Ivy the youngest person to ever be credited on a charted song. I'll post both the poem and the song after the break!





Before I got in the game, made a change, and got rich
I didn’t think hard about using the word bitch
I rapped, I flipped it,
I sold it, I lived it
Now with my daughter in this world,
I curse those that give it.

No man will degrade her, or call her name
I’m so focused on your future, the degradation has passed.
I wish you wealth, health and insight,
Forever young you may pass.
Blue Ivy Carter, my angel.

1 comments:

Sloppybroom said...

That was sweet! I'm glad someone is trying to teach their kids right. A step in the right direction for him and his family!

Post a Comment