Usher - Climax

|

R&B powerhouse Usher just released the lead single to his seventh album, which is still in progress and slated to release later this year. It was produced by Diplo, and this dubstep-infused falsetto song tells the story of a relationship that has become unsalvageable and has reached its "climax". The music video goes even deeper, and shows Usher still hanging on to an ex who has since moved on, while sitting in his car contemplating ways to have her again. It's exciting to see Usher back in the game and staying true to his soulful love songs, while adding new elements and growing as an artist. I'm absolutely in love with this song..what do you think?







Lyrics:


[Hook]
Going nowhere fast
We've reached the climax
Were together, now we're undone
Won't commit so we choose to
Run away
Do we separate?
Don't wanna give in so we both gave up
Can't take it back, it's too late, we've reached the climax
Climax

[Verse 1]
I've fallen somehow
Feet off the ground
Love is the cloud
That keeps raining down
Where are you now?
When I need you around
I'm on my knees, but it seems we're

[Hook]

[Verse 2]
I gave my best, it wasn't enough
You get upset, we argue too much
We made a mess of what used to be love
So why do I care, I care at all
At all
At all
At all

[Hook]

[Bridge]
You say it's better if we
Love each other separately
I just need you one more time
I can't get what we had out my mind
Where are you now
When I need you around
I'm on my knees
But it seems we're going

[Hook]

6 comments:

Thomas Duder, Author of the Things said...

I'm just happy that Usher isn't doing YET ANOTHER LOVE ON THE DANCE FLOOR CLUB SONG.

Hell, I'll even support his foray into R&B (plus Diplo rocks the fuckin' paunch) so long as it'll keep him away from the damned dance songs.

Unknown said...

I haven't heard a thing about Usher for quite a while... I thought he dissed the scene for good... But he's back! And he's still making awesome music!

Great post!

Supernova said...

Yeah! That's what's I'm the most amped about...Usher has come and gone in waves and his dance trend was okay but it wasn't the classic I grew up with. His love songs are really his forte.

Anonymous said...

usher has returned! havent listened to this song yet, but i bet it's good! i wouldn't even know about it if i hadn't come here, thanks! brb xD

Kathy said...

Love it! just listned to the song... must say, he came back in style

Anonymous said...

not bad, although I preferred the old "yeah" usher much more.

Post a Comment